In 1947, Leonard and Edwin Lodermeier built their own building in downtown Goodhue
and started an auto repair service, body shop, and welding business. In 1954 they purchased the Allis Chalmers farm machinery dealership from Cyrus Buck in Goodhue and began selling farm equipment. Shortly thereafter, two more brothers of Len and Ed, Norbert and Jerome, joined the business.
In 1963 Butler Mfg. talked Leonard into building their first grain bin and thus began the grain bin, grain dryer, and steel building business. Lodermeier’s added the wood frame buildings to complement their building business in 1987 when the local lumber yard in town was purchased. Although the original 1947 building is still being used, it has been added onto several times and is the home office for Lodermeier’s Inc. A second location was added 1 mile outside of town in 1970 to help manage the construction and farm equipment business’ growth as the company grew and needed to expand. There are now over 42,000 square feet of buildings that are being used for repair and storage.
Lodermeier’s have sold farm equipment nationwide and have completed construction projects in 7 different states. In 1983, Richard Lodermeier started buying shares and is now the sole owner. The third generation of the Lodermeier family (Ashley, Brent, and Tyler) is working in the company to continue the business for years to come. Lodermeier’s have been around for many years through the dedication & hard work of many great employees who have built the solid reputation of what Lodermeier’s stands for today.